A Guide on Different Types of Visas Offered by America to Foreigners

In America, there are different kinds of visas for foreign nationals. These visas are based on their purpose. Some of them are for a single purpose like visiting the country temporarily, while others are for permanent residence. Immigrant visas are for foreign nationals who want to stay and work in the United States permanently. They are issued to individuals who have a US citizen or a permanent resident sponsor. Some applicants can also petition on their own. If you want to get more info about American visas, visit EB 5 Regional Center.

1: There are two different kinds of visas for foreign nationals. The T-1 visa is for temporary workers, and the H-2B visa is for those who wish to work in the United States. They can work as an agricultural laborer but cannot work in the U.S. for a year or more. They may also sponsor their spouse, unmarried children, and parents who are under 21 years old. The third type of visa is for training purposes. It is available to people who want to train in an occupation in the United States, or for those who have extraordinary achievements and skills.

2: The P visa is for a temporary stay. These visas are granted to those who have been victims of human trafficking. These visas allow the individuals to adjust their status to permanent residency. They can sponsor their children, spouse, parents, and unmarried siblings. They are also allowed to work in the U.S. as a business owner. In the meantime, they can take up an internship.

3: A transit C visa is available for foreign nationals who plan to transit through the U.S. Those with M-1 and F-1 visas may lose their nonimmigrant status if they leave for more than five months. These visas are also good for visitors who are coming for research, consultation, and travel. There are also other types of nonimmigrant visas for those who plan to stay for more than a year.

4: A L-1 is usually for individuals who have been employed abroad for a year or more. It is also available to those who have transferred their job to the U.S. from other countries. This type of visa is given to individuals who have exceptional ability to work in the US.