Things to See in a Tax Consultant Before Hiring

When looking for a consultant for UAE corporate tax handling, don’t hire one that promises a big refund. Look for Enrolled agents, Tax attorneys, and Chartered public accountants. While these may not be the only professional types, they should be at least certified in their field. You’ll know they’re legitimate and have a solid track record. Here’s a quick checklist for hiring a tax consultant.

Chartered public accountants:

There are several characteristics to look for in a Chartered public accountant. These qualities will give you a better idea of the professional you should hire for your tax needs. The most important trait of a good tax consultant is their confidence in the quality of service. In addition, a good tax accountant will always be confident in their work, so it’s a good idea to ask for references.

Enrolled agents:

Enrolled agents are certified by the IRS to represent taxpayers in federal income taxation issues, including audits and appeals. They can also participate in IRS hearings on the phone and help clients resolve disputes with the agency. Hiring an enrolled agent is numerous and far outweighs the drawbacks. Enrolled agents are the least expensive of all true tax pros and are good for routine tax matters.

Look at their education:

One of the most important aspects of a tax consultant is their education. Most tax consultants earn a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. A tax consultant should be well-versed in math to ensure accuracy. While these professionals don’t perform arithmetical operations daily, having good math skills will make it easier to verify financial documents and demonstrate analytical thinking. Here are a few other things to look for in a tax consultant.

They should have a broad understanding of tax laws:

The skills needed to be a tax consultant can be gained through an educational program. The specific skills required for a particular position depending on the type of job and employer, but in general, a tax consultant should have a broad understanding of tax law. A bachelor’s degree in accounting or related disciplines usually takes four years. Some online programs offer accelerated options. Getting a CPA requires five years of study, although there are some accelerated programs available. Once you have your bachelor’s degree, you can look for a tax consultant with additional education and experience.